The Assistant Controller is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting functions including Billing/A/R and A/P. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP. Responsible for year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Assistant Controller will have contact with senior leaders, CFO and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities.
- Responsible for application of revenue recognition rules.
- Assist with financial and project analysis.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements, insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax and Treasury departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements. - Coordinates work relating to both external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Calculate foreign currency exchange and ensure this calculation is accurately recorded in the financial statements.
- Review monthly accounts prepared by local accountants for foreign subsidiaries, consolidation, allocations, intercompany reconciliations and eliminations.
- Oversee payroll processing and participate in ESOP analysis.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel and responsible for the continued development of these employees.