Working closely with the CFO, the Controller helps to set the "tone" for all TriLinc team members to foster ethical and responsible decision-making, appropriate financial management and best-in-class corporate governance practices.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining the books and records of TriLinc Global Impact Fund, LLC, as well as any future funds sponsored by TriLinc Global, including active involvement with the fund's operations, and the books and records of TriLinc Global, LLC. Including:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Prepare financial statements and SEC filings.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute growth plans.
- Provide guidance and training to other Finance Team members.
- Support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
- Provide guidance to Executive Management in support of the firm's commitment to sustainable financial business practices.
TriLinc Global Impact Fund, LLC & Subsidiaries
- Prepare all financial statements for the fund and its subsidiaries in compliance with SOX (where applicable), GAAP, and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Work with the fund's administrator (Apex Fund Services/Pinnacle) to ensure accurate financial reporting and that all related monitoring controls are performed.
- Work directly with the fund's auditors (Moss Adams) to facilitate a timely and efficient audit.
- Support CFO in the development and oversight of the Fund's Sarbanes-Oxley system of internal controls.
- Support CFO in the coordination of Fund Audit Committee meetings.
- Utilize eFront for in-house fund accounting and control activities, and audit TriLinc Advisors investment team's activity in eFront to ensure that it is being properly utilized.
- Coordinate with the fund's external tax preparers (Deloitte & Touche) to ensure the accurate and timely completion of tax returns for the fund, including timely distribution of Form K-1s for unit holders.
- Work with TriLinc's distribution partners and transfer agent (DST) to ensure the subscription, redemption and dividend processes are being implemented appropriately.
- Prepare and coordinate the timely filing of the annual Form 10-Ks and the quarterly Form 10-Qs.
- Manage all account payables for the fund and its subsidiaries.
- Establish and maintain cash controls, including reconciling general ledgers and bank statements monthly.
- Liaise with sub-advisors to ensure investments are funded on schedule and all operational tasks are performed timely.
TriLinc Global, LLC & Subsidiaries
- Supervise accounting activities performed in QuickBooks.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual operating budget and financial forecasts, working with the CFO and CIO on an ongoing basis to ensure all financial modeling reflects current investment assumptions for fund cash flows, returns, revenue sharing, etc., and ensure expenses and cash outflows are accurately projected.
- Prepare financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Work with the company's auditors to facilitate a timely and efficient audit.
- Work with the CFO in evaluating operational and management processes and the system of internal controls to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and appropriate disclosure of the firm's financial statements.
- Coordinate with TriLinc external tax preparers to ensure the accurate and timely completion of tax returns, including timely distribution of Form K-1s for unit holders.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for the firm.
- Oversee all account payables and account receivable activity.
- File appropriate business and regulatory filings, ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Maintain all Intellectual Property (trademarks, software codes, etc.) to ensure firm rights are protected.
- Oversee the maintenance of the company's fixed asset inventory and depreciation schedules, working with the Senior Accountant to ensure all fixed assets are adequately protected and appropriately reflected.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Controller position requires at least ten years of experience, including experience as a Senior Fund Accountant or Auditor with familiarity with the Investment Management industry, financial and fund reporting practices, regulatory guidelines and operational aspects of an investment management firm. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Specific knowledge of investment fund financial administration and reporting requirements as well as applicable rules and regulations governing investment funds preferred.
- Experience with SEC reporting.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and other current accounting methods and procedures and financial reporting procedures.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in building and maintaining internal and external partnerships.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and comfortable being in a fast-paced small office environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical time deadlines.