Reports to: Vice President of Finance/ CFO
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Supervises: Student employees
The Executive Assistant to the CFO and Finance Team Office Manager is responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency of the CFO and his team. This position provides administrative support for multiple committees the CFO manages and is expected to partner with other administrative staff members in a professional and team-oriented approach.
This position supports Compliance monitoring at the University, managing the upkeep/monitoring of the Compliance calendar, and working with the various units within the University, to ensure the compliance issues are highlighted, and properly managed.
The successful candidate must be tech-savvy and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; the ability to think creatively and make sound independent judgments while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
1. CFO and Finance Department
- Administrative support for CFO and his direct reports.
- Assist the CFO in the administration of all compliance issues regarding enterprise risk management operations.
- Collaborate with constituents across the NDNU community on a wide-range of compliance topics. Responsible for reporting on a regular basis to the CFO on the progress of risk compliance implementation.
- Coordinate processes to effectively document and monitor the Compliance Calendar for the CFO. (i.e., manage compliance risk issues associated with the NDNU Driver Policy, and facilities ADA issues).
- Support for Board/Senior Management/Committee and Other Meetings:
- Take minutes at meetings and transcribe draft minutes in timely manner;
- Prepare draft agendas and other documents, as required;
- Consolidate/collate meeting materials;
- Track attendance, quorum and agenda item requests in accordance with established processes;
- Organize various meetings; orchestrate conference calls, prepare presentations, prepare catering requests.
- Provide detailed financial analysis for ‘special projects’, as directed by the CFO.
- Administer insurance renewal process and evaluate NDNU insurance requirements with regard to external vendor contracts and compliance/business impacts on NDNU.
- Manage calendar for external communications (e.g., Audits, Year end Financials, and Accounting Closes) in conjunction with Accounting and Budget Directors;
- Manage mailing and distributions (e.g., to Bondholders, government, etc.);
- Coordinate all aspects of bank mailing/reporting relationships.
2. Office Management and Support
- General office duties including mail, copying, faxing, filing, oversee office supplies;
- Manage CFO and Finance department purchasing cards by maintaining/obtaining receipts, documenting required information and submitting reports in a timely manner;
- Manage invoice processing, expense tracking and certain areas of finance budget;
- Assist with the planning, implementation and participation of campus finance events;
- As needed, represents the Finance department at university related campus meetings/committees;
- Assist in developing and managing office policy and procedure documents;
- Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally;
- Manage travel arrangements for CFO;
- Other duties assigned by the CFO.
3. Database Management/Reporting
- Run reports as requested from Jenzabar EX, to include Budget reports and Contributions Analysis;
- Understand Jenzabar EX system and work closely with other database managers.