Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is currently recruiting for an agile, results focused Controller to join our Finance team in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Controller is responsible for managing the accounting function, SEC reporting (10-Q, 10-K), internal and external financial reporting, SOX 404 compliance, accounting research, implementation of new accounting regulations, liaison with external auditors, and managing the financial aspects of collaborations. In addition, this position assists with budgeting, state and federal tax compliance, and cash management.
Key Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the accounting function which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets, and general accounting.
- Internal and external financial reporting and SEC reporting. In addition, managing outside auditors’ financial audit of Lexicon.
- Accounting research for new collaborations and agreements and implementation of new accounting regulations.
- Managing SOX 404 compliance which includes documentation and testing of internal controls, as well as managing external audit of internal controls.
- Managing financial aspects of all collaborations.
- Assisting with tax compliance, cash management, budgeting, financings, and other tasks as needed.