| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life") one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City. New York Life has over 170 years of integrity, mutuality, humanity, and financial strength. Our passion and commitment to protection have continued unabated for nearly two centuries.
Job Description and Responsibilities :
- Attend core team meetings for the development or modification of permanent, temporary, and group life insurance products, long term care and disability sold through direct, agent and group distribution.
- Identify compliance concerns or issues during product development and bring foresight in advising the business where there could be potential compliance risk.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding products. Analyze and report on life product illustration issues and compliance with NAIC illustration requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of experience with life insurance products design or compliance or related experience
- Knowledge of the following:
- Permanent and temporary life insurance products (including Fixed traditional Life insurance products, such as Whole Life, Term Life,
- Group life insurance,
- Long term care
- linked benefit (hybrid) products
- Federal and state insurance laws and regulations
- Should have experience with product distribution through a captive agency channel, third party distribution and/or direct distribution.
- Ability to spot compliance concerns or potential issues during the product development process.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service when dealing with business partners.
- Must have excellent organizational skills in order to keep track of the specifications discussed during the product development meetings.
- Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with our business partners.
- Must have excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must have good judgment, be a self-starter and proactive.
- Must be objective and professional.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.