| eFX trader with 3 plus years of experience in FX and emerging markets |
Detailed knowledge of pricing, balance sheet management, inventory management, and hedging strategies is essential as well as a firm understanding of the current regulatory regime and the implications it has on the business.
* Monitor, analyse and tune pricing strategies using quantitative methods
* Be responsible for risk in real-time production trading environment.
* Understand client/channel segmentation and client flow.
* Analyse historical client data and recommend changes to pricing & tiering.
* Analyse historical market data with a view enhancing risk and execution strategies.
* Be able to clearly articulate desired actions to senior team leads and eSales.
* Ability to work with development, support teams, compliance for both Business as Usual responsibilities and implementation
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Ensure we continue to expand the eFX franchise within confines of Regulatory framework.
* Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
* Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations. To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
* Ensure that the business meets its obligations the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
* Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place.
* Monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations.
People and Talent
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
* The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
* Comply with guidelines as outlined in the annual dealer mandate
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
* Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Contribute within the New York eTrading desk to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree level qualifications in Finance, business management, economics.
* Experience in the finance industry
* Experience in EFX book running
* Strong technical skills using tools to analyse data, develop and drive own models
* Good knowledge of specific area of business/product and market idiosyncrasies
* Ability to conduct extensive back testing across market data in the creation of new e Trading strategies
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.