| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Medical School Finance Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides advanced administrative and accounting support to the Assistant Vice Chancellor and Assistant Dean for Finance, the Chief Financial Officer for the School of Medicine. Coordinates the completion of key financial reports for internal and external distribution, ensuring that they meet a high standard for presentation. Performs diversified administrative functions and responds to questions and inquiries requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the absence of the Assistant Dean for Finance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advanced administrative support for development of School of Medicine financial reports to School and University senior administration, the Medical Finance Committee of the University Board of Trustees, and committees of the School of Medicine Executive Faculty. Design and develop sophisticated PowerPoint presentations for various internal and external groups including the Executive Faculty and Medical School Finance Committee.
- Support the Assistant Vice Chancellor/Assistant Dean for Finance in her role as Secretary of the Telecommunication Facilities Corporation (a subsidiary of Washington University and BJC Healthcare that provides telecommunications services to member organizations). Attends all regularly scheduled meetings and keeps the official records of the Corporation. Coordinates Board Meetings and sub-committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain Finance website using Word Press, website development and html.
- Administrative duties for Dean, Strategic Planning and Finance Offices - Process documents such as check requests, travel documents, purchase orders, blanket orders, invoice statements, receipt vouchers and various types of documents handled through office. Coordinate moves and other activities impacting Finance Office.
- Provide Vice Chancellor level approval on all travel and entertainment expense for the medical school.
- Assist with processing of requests for overhead waiver or reduction and performs historical research as necessary to insure consistency.
- Assist with various department/staff meetings, committee meetings, university programs, visitor schedules, etc. by providing secretarial/administrative support and independent follow-through. Prepare and collect materials for meetings, programs, etc. often utilizing initiative in the absence of clear instruction.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree. Five to seven years administrative experience in executive office environment. College level courses in accounting and accounting experience preferred.
- Training and/or experience in financial reporting formats and conventions.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Excellent command of the English language as demonstrated in oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills, regular use of initiative and sound discretionary judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor and composure suitable for a senior administrative office.
- Ability to work with a diversified group of professionals, providing tactful direction as necessary.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G10.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.