The Compliance Program Manager provides guidance to assist in the development and monitoring of insurance products and operations to ensure compliance. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining knowledge of State and Federal insurance regulations relevant to GIA’s operations. This position develops, maintains and administers GIA’s compliance policy framework for current business activity and future development related to insurance product, policy, rating and procedures. This position provides training and communication on regulatory changes that impact business operations. The Compliance Program Manager is responsible for compliance activities such as reporting, surveys and audits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of state or federal insurance regulations and/or organization’s procedures and practices. Design compliance plans and programs; direct compliance activities such as audits.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and continuously improve
- Communicate and collaborate with business units to resolve non compliant practices
- Work with I/T to implement system and programming changes that result from regulatory changes or identification of non compliant practices
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of GIA as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Participate in the development, revision, and standardization of forms, manual rules, Underwriting guides, operational procedures, Marketing material and new product development to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure that changes to forms, rates and underwriting guidelines are archived and that non compliant or outdated materials are removed from public postings
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify and mitigate possible compliance risks and considerations
- Works with GIA’s Chief Risk Officer and the management team to achieve risk management objectives
- Provides compliance related training such as changes to operational procedures to maintain or gain compliance.
- Serves as an organizational resource in the area of state and federal insurance regulations compliance
- Other duties as needed or required.
- The Compliance Specialist and Forms Specialist report to this position.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintains a safe, secure, and legally compliant work environment; works with staff for their professional development. Fosters engagement across the team.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and providing performance management; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area and four years of insurance compliance-related experience; experience may substitute for education
- Advanced knowledge of standard industry personal lines, commercial and farm insurance lines of business and underwriting practices.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review related information to develop, evaluate and implement solutions
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Ability to lead others, provide direction and professional development.
- Ability to analyze and interpret insurance technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to present in large groups, and ability to explain technical concepts in an operational setting.
- Works with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Related professional certifications preferred.
Why choose us?
You don’t just want a place to go to work. You want a chance to make a difference every day for your customers, your coworkers and yourself. If this sounds like you, you are in good company. At Grange Insurance Association, we value the contributions made by every single employee and it shows. We listen carefully. We treat people as individuals. We understand the importance of work-life balance.
Grange offers an excellent benefit package, including fully subsidized ORCA card or van pool participation, as well as competitive compensation and a dynamic working environment
Our efforts have made us an award-winning employer and we are honored to be recognized as a great place to work. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Visit our page at: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grange-insurance-association
Grange Insurance Association is a Property/Casualty insurance company, with headquarters near the Space Needle in Seattle and operating in six Western states (CA, CO, ID, OR, WA and WY). We have been insuring farming families in western communities since 1894. Learn more about Grange Insurance Association at www.grange.jobs