- Risk Management
Job Level: Associate
The cornerstone of our client's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects the company's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counter parties.
Background on the Position
The role will reside within Firm Risk Management's (FRM) COO function, which covers a broad array of areas including financial and resource management, regulatory relationship management, project management of key regulatory initiatives, governance and policies and procedures.
The Central Regulatory Function team oversees the development of FRM policies and procedures and governance framework globally. The team is also responsible for tracking and reporting progress of regulatory deliverables as well as managing regulatory exams and internal audits.
Its key functions are to establish FRM policy and governance standards and to spearhead remediation projects related to regulatory and audit findings. The group works in close collaboration with subject matter experts across all areas in FRM, as well as other departments within the Firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience in risk management and knowledge of risk and finance issues related to trading and lending activities, and familiarity with Fed, OCC, SEC regulations. This position offers opportunities to gain exposure to all aspects of FRM and to senior risk managers.
-Help manage all regulatory and audit requests for FRM
-Help coordinate FRM deliverables and presentation materials for regulatory exams and requests, ensuring accuracy and timely delivery
- Produce regular reporting and presentations on regulatory and audit coverage for management
-Help analyze key upcoming regulatory guidance to assess level of compliance with current practice
-Support the execution of various self-assessments and remediations related to regulatory and audit efforts
- Help prepare the FRM regulatory self-assessment committees including the review & challenge panels
- Prepare committees and regulatory meetings, provide minutes and ensure proper follow-up on action items
- Produce regular status reporting on self-assessment and remediation efforts for the regulators and management
Skills & Experience
-3+ years experience in the financial industry
- Experience and understanding of financial market and bank lending asset classes
- Understanding of financial regulatory landscape with experience in U.S initiatives (e.g. CCAR, SCCL, CECL, Internal Model Validation, SR guidance ...)
-Experience interacting with large bank/securities regulators is a plus (e.g. FRB, OCC, SEC, PRA, FINRA, CFTC)
- Experience in Financial Risk preferred (e.g. Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk ...)
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced ability to create clear presentations for upper management
-Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
-Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
-Superior analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
-Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
-Intellectual curiosity with a focus on information sharing
- Plus: FRM and/or CFA certification