In accordance with section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Act (DFA), BNP Paribas is required to establish an Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) over its US subsidiaries. An IHC Program has been established with a series of work streams to support risk-based capital and leverage standards, regulatory reporting, enhanced governance requirements, liquidity risk management, and other pending requirements.
The North America Hub is part of BNP Paribas' global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale or "IG") which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform high quality risk-based reviews to provide reasonable assurance to senior management on the adequacy of internal controls and recommend control and efficiency improvements.
In line with the increasing regulatory expectations around the Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations, IG is seeking a candidate for a Director position as a member of the Functions and Operations Audit team.
The Director -Operational Risk Internal Auditor will play an a key role in supporting the internal audit team to independently assess the effectiveness of the operational risk management framework (governance, operational risk identification and assessment tools including risk and control self-assessments, key risk indicators, external loss data, business process mapping, monitoring and reporting). He will also liaise with Senior Management in charge of Operational Risk, attend as an observer to internal operational risk committee, monitor and investigate on incidents.
The Director – Operational Risk Internal auditor will also be responsible for day to day execution of audit assignments in the area of operational risk and related assignments..
A strong background in auditing Operational Risk Management Framework in Banking or Financial Services and Public Accounting experience is a key requirement for this position.
- Lead large complicated, integrated audits as the Head of Assignment. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating reporting, and supervising.
- Understand the underlying risk applicable to the area of audit responsibilities through continuous monitoring activities. Require strong audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge. Expected to be a subject area expert on Operational Risk in a Bank.
- Review and prepare risk assessments.
- Acquire a good understanding of the audited businesses and activities by showing initiative
- Manage the assignment team, budget and priorities while performing the audit reviews
- Employ analytical skills to analyze activities and processes using the BNP Paribas Audit Methodology and Tools
- Take ownership of the quality and reliability of the audit reports, findings and deliverables
- Add value to the Business by raising relevant recommendations
- Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and Internal Audit Management
- Follow up issued audit and regulatory recommendations and validate proper implementation
- Investigate large incidents and fraud cases if and when necessary
- Participate in the recruitment, training and development of audit staff
- Improve personal and professional development by keeping up-to-date with changes in financial services and products and attending training courses / sitting exams
- Adopt and promote good ethical values.
- Write reports with value added recommendations.
- Keep abreast of the evolution of Data Governance standards and related regulatory guidance through training, publications and seminars.
- Adopt and promote strong ethical values.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable and related field ( Accounting and/or Finance preferred)
- Requires license(S) or certification(s) CPA and CISA
- Minimum years of audit and/or risk experience in the Operational Risk Management in Banking industry: Typically 8+
- Excellent oral communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators.
- Ability to work in a team, liaise with other bank departments and adapt to new situations and approaches.
- Experience in Operations Audit in Banking
- Sound foundation in risk based audit approach and strong all round audit skills are highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of financial products, capital markets, banking industry and the related risks is a plus.
- Knowledge of key banking regulations.