The Americas Legal and Compliance Department (ALCD)
ALCD is divided broadly into two main functions: the Legal function, which manages legal risk, and the Compliance function, which manages compliance and regulatory risk.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct compliance risk assessment of the offices in the Americas on a regular and continued manner.
- Formalize the U.S. risk assessment procedures.
- Maintain and upgrade a database/data repository to support the development and implementation of a multi-year risk assessment process that houses the regional risk frameworks, local inventories of compliance obligations.
- Report the assessment result to the management and disseminate with stakeholders.
Conduct compliance testing at offices in the Americas region.
- Participate in compliance testing, identify issues and make recommendations.
- Assist preparing a report for each testing conducted.
- Follow up on the findings of testing and on the status of remediation process.
Understand the Americas offices' compliance status and the compliance framework.
- Review and understand the offices' Compliance Action Program, Compliance Committee Minutes, internal audit reports, etc.
Respond to individual inquiries/ issues from each office etc.
- Function as a liaison with the Head Office Compliance Group and offices in the Americas.
Conduct other related tasks in ACLD.
- Eligible to work in the US
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of compliance/compliance audit experience
- 2+ years of compliance risk assessment and/or compliance testing
- Corporate / commercial banking experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel/Access skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team and the Department
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.